Friday, October 3, 2008

Inspired!

I am inspired by Lori at Dakota City Quilter, who manages to do about a bazillion things, all at once, I might add (or so it seems :)) to head back into the sewing room with the sore ankle/leg. I did move my ironing board closer (and lower!) to the sewing machine so that I don't have to stand up quite so often. It is the getting out of the chair that really strains my leg muscle!

Here are the fruits of my labor from the past few days. I completed the 4 patch Teddy patchwork to a flimsy and made the binding. I am happy to report that when this quilt is complete, the only green and yellow left will be a string of each and maybe, one leftover 4 patch. This quilt top is based on Bonnie Hunter's 'ISPY A 4- Patch', although I think my dimensions are a tad bigger as I have a box full of novelty fabric squares cut at 6.5 inches.

3 comments:

Judy S. said...

Nice quilt, Pat. I have got to get back at my quilting, but at the moment I'm trying to finish a sweater for Sophia before she outgrows it! I signed up for 5 UFOs on Finn's blog, and they're still waiting.....

JoAnne said...

What a neat way to manage the binding as you press it - I'm gonna start using that method. And I've resolved to make the binding as soon as I finish the top and pin it to the top!! This, after quite a search this morning for the binding fabric for a donation quilt for ASAP. Everytime I think I'm organized, I lose something. This can only get worse!

Alycia said...

Very nice - the colors are cute!