Wednesday, October 8, 2008

WIP Wednesday

WIP Wednesday was a Stash Enhancement Excursion! and I shopped the sale room...woohoo!

First up:

I added a few 1/2 yard cuts of orange to the green I already had brought in Dallas for Sarah's Birthday Quilt. I was thinking lime green but settled for this grass green as I thought it would be more versatile in the long run since I was buying a bolt. Sarah's birthday is in the beginning of January, so a little lead time here.

Second up:

Five 1 yard cuts of various reds. I wanted some variety for making the QOV pillowcases :)

Third up:

A few blues and greens to go-with the yellow-orange challenge fabric.

Any guesses, Pam?!


Fourth up:

A few novelties...how can I pass up my favorite type of fabric?








I also brought some backing fabric for two different quilts online that arrived today. Already stashed them in the bottom of the backing cupboard in the sewing room so no pictures of that! I promise when the fabric gets used on the back of the quilts to show you then, okay? so much for stashbusting...I'll tally it up and report on Sunday.

4 comments:

Chris Daly said...

luscious colors

Lori in South Dakota said...

Love the oranges!! Looks like it was a good day!

Judy S. said...

Hmmm....not too bad for a dangerous trip! Your lobsters reminded me that I have some of those somewhere....

Sweet P said...

Gorgeous fabrics! Have fun playing with them.