Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Another step closer...

...to finishing Mike's T-shirt quilt. I completed the quilting this afternoon using the Inkblot panto from Willow Leaf Studios. Next up: trimming, making the binding and sewing it on! Mike chose black binding to match the outer border.

Here is a close up of one of the t-shirts.
This weekend I 'stole' some time in the sewing room and I made this purse. Yes! It's another placemat! I had the handles in the sewing room so I opted to use them. I didn't have any matching grosgrain ribbon for the handle tabs so I made the tabs out of some purple fabric scraps.

I also made a Valentine for Connor. (His address is in this post) and mailed it on Monday. I already had the Fast2Fuse cut to shape so all I needed to do was dig into the red scraps to make the background then into the 'already fused Moda Marble' scraps and woohoo! a postcard ready to mail in about 10 minutes!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

The t-shirt quilt turned out great. What a cute little purse. So did you get to enjoy the warm weather today? It was beautiful...although it could have been a little less windy. I'm ready for this weather to STAY!!

Linda C said...

Looking good and so near to being done!

Good for you making something just for you after all the time you have worked on everyone else's stuff. Bet Michelle wants one just like it!

JoAnne said...

Cute purse! And the T-shirt quilt looks great! I love it!

Greenmare said...

that t-shirt quilt is just awesome! and the purse is too cute to be a placemat! great stuff!!!

Millie said...

Great t shirt quilt. Love how you made the blocks look like a shadow.

Fabricmom said...

The quilt looks fabulous. Great job. I love the purse and postcard too.

Silverthimble said...

I love the inkblot quilting on the t-shirt quilt! Perfect design for this type of quilt.

SueR said...

I haven't had much extra time for blog reading these days, but I've caught a few glimpses of the t-shirt quilt here and there. You have done an absolutely spectacular job on it. Not only is this my new favorite quilt that you've made, it's also the best t-shirt quilt I've seen--really! If I didn't think my husband would kill me, I'd cut up his Harley Davidson tees and make them into a quilt for him!