Sunday, February 1, 2009

Stash Busting Report Week #5

I pieced two tops to the flimsy state but no finishes this week.

A few weeks ago, I volunteered to send Lori a few 6.5 inch novelty squares for Happy Blocks (or a similar block!). We agreed that when she counted it in then I would count it out. Now, I just sorta took one square of this, one of that and maybe two of this...not really paying attention to the total amount. When I could stuff it in an envelope, I was done. Imagine my astonishment when Lori estimated the yardage at three yards! I say, "No Way!" I would have had to sent you at least 90 squares (with very few duplicates, I might add). Lori counted and confirmed that I had sent her 103! Sorry Lori! I think this is her first yardage added this year...

I really like the way Amy at Infinity Quilter reports her fabric each week. This year I wanted to keep better track of the amount of fabric so I'm going to adopt the way Amy reports her usage. Thanks Amy for letting me 'steal' your reporting ways. My report follows (just like Amy's):

Fabric added this week: +3 yards
Fabric added this year: +10.5 yards

Fabric used this week: -3 yards
Fabric used this year: -24.5 yards

Net Fabric for the year: -14 yards (used)

What I accomplished this week:
  • pieced T-shirt quilt to a flimsy
  • pieced r/w/b rail fence to a flimsy

Goals for next week:

  • quilt r/w/b rail fence
  • quilt SIL's quilt
  • piece backing for T-shirt quilt when I receive fabric

I'm not sure how much actual piecing I will get done as Baby is at the Doctor and Bella (the Janome Gem) might struggle a bit. I will have to sew with Bella and *see* how it goes. Now to find Bella's extra bobbins...wonder where they are?!

5 comments:

Brenda said...

I like that you have named your machines!! Mine are just 'the big one' and, well the 'baby machine' I guess!!
I love that you didn't realize how many blks you had sent!! I love mindless sewing, it's just relaxing and it's amazing what you can accomplish!!

Keep up the great work! And don't work Bella to hard..... ;-)

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

I love how the fabric adds up when we USE it! 103...you were a busy girl! Hope you get Baby back soon!

Stephanie D said...

Your loss, Lori's gain--or is it the other way around for stashbusting? lol

My little Kenmore has issues, but it's been so long since I sewed with her, maybe October, that I don't remember what they are.

Maybe it was just a bad day for her. lol

Karen said...

Don't you just hate it when your best friend is in the shop? Hopefully your Gem will cooperate and you will have a productive week anyway.

Lori in South Dakota said...

I'm not complaining, I had so much fun laying out those squares and petting them! Definitely my gain!