Sunday, June 7, 2009

Appreciation Quilts #2 and #3

Appreciation quilt #2 and #3 are the same yet different.

Same: floral squares, outer border Disappearing 9 Patch pattern and Popcorn pantograph from Willow Leaf Studio.

Different: green sashings, brown cornerstones and backing fabric.

Appreciation quilt #2.

Appreciation quilt #3.

I used the last of the yardage of Angels on #3. This quilt will be gifted to DD's teacher later in the week. I'm both happy and sad to use the last of the yardage but gee, I really loved the Angels and have been *hoarding* it. :)

A Question?

I gifted this Elvis quilt to the piano teacher last June. Is it permissible to gift her another Elvis themed quilt? I have some of the same fabrics and some different fabrics. And I was going to use a different pattern. The natives here at Bell Creek Quilts voiced their opinions~very loudly~I might add. A resounding 'NO'! DD really likes the floral D9P quilts...what do you think?

I think it would be okay...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

JoAnne said...

I vote with DD! Save the Elvis fab for another time. JoAnne

Fabricmom said...

If it is using other fabric to compliment it I say go for it. Why not.