Monday, January 18, 2010

Design Wall Monday

I was playing in the sewing room over the weekend as I just had a few minutes here and there to sew on Sunday.

I've been drooling over these kaleidoscope quilts at Elaine's blog. Then Lori has started making some blocks, too. I remembered buying Marti Michell Kaldei-ruler about 5 year ago, so I dug it out. The top blocks are from the Marti Michell ruler. I appear to be pinwheel challenged! and the rings don't exactly line up...oops!

Then as I was putting away another pattern book, I found a tutorial from Starfishy's blog. She calls them Octagon Flowers and I had a smaller kaleidoscope ruler like what Starfishy had used. Those are the middle blocks. The piecing is a little better but still not perfect matches by any stretch of the imagination.

Last up are a few more test squares from Cluck.Cluck.Sew.'s Easy Double Hour Glass tutorial. I'm thinking of making this one in scrappy blues/whites.

Time to put the *play blocks* away and concentrate on my goal for this week! The FAB Challenge is calling my name! :)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Linda said...

Play is what it is all about and I am impressed that you actually took the time to make the blocks and they all look good from "here".

Quilter Kathy said...

What fun playing with the rulers you forgot you had!
I think the blocks look great!

SueR said...

Well, you could always "liberate" them. :) Nice example on Bonnie Hunter's website, called Spiderweb.

Linda C said...

Playing is good. How else are you going to know if you like a pattern or want to invest the time in making a whole quilt of them.

Hurray for having the rulers on hand to play when you want to!

I am in a holding pattern on the challenge thing but once some needed fabric arrives, look out. Rotary cutter and sewing machine will be smoking! Can't wait to see what you came up with, Pat!