Wednesday, July 14, 2010

WIP Wednesday

Ever have fabric you were *saving* for a particular quilt? but you never made the quilt?

Yep~thought so!

I've been *saving* fish fabric for this quilt for about 5 years, maybe longer. I especially liked this arrangement for the fish bowls, found here (Google Image search result).
Amy couldn't believe it! I guess I should have joined in with Lori and Rosewillow's 'Just Can't Cut It' Challenge!

This week, I decided that I *needed* to cut into all of my fishes for another quilt I have started.

Now I have a few more 6.5 inch squares to add to my growing novelty square stash. :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Congrats on taking the plunge and cutting it up. The fish bowl quilt is really cute! Almost makes me want to make one. Oh, that's right I have a gazillion OTHER projects waiting for me to work on.

Sherrill said...

HEY, I've got tons of fish fabric, too, for a fishbowl quilt. How funny! I keep looking at it thinking "I need to get started on that" and that's as far as it goes! HA

Stephanie D said...

Hey, I have some of those fabrics! I'm not saving for a fishbowl quilt, but I am saving for a "Finding Nemo" quilt. I don't have a pattern--just a couple of ideas in my head--but just not ready to put it together yet.

But if I have any left over, I think I may have to use that pattern. It's so cute!