First order of business:
I finished the flower coins to a flimsy last week. I decided to go with all green as the border, too. I was thinking about green as the inner border and blue as the outer border but...the green was just hanging out on the cutting table and blue was way away in the closet so...green is the winner! I happy to say that almost all the flower coins were pre-cut and waiting to be sewn into this quilt. More dinosaur fabric used~I believe some of this fabric dates from about 2005. I just didn't realize that I had cut my coins at different widths...some 2.5 inches and some 3 inches. Just makes the whole thing a little wonky with no matchy coins... :) wonky is a good thing in my sewing world!
Second order of business:
My Stash Report for Week #2
Fabric added this week: +4 yards (backing for this quilt :))
Fabric added this year: +4 yards
Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used this year: 0 yards
Net fabric for the year: +4 yards (added)
- pieced flower coins to a flimsy (see above)
Goals for next week:
- quilt and bind flower coins
- start another project
Thanks for *hanging with me* I've been going thru a bit of January Blues. Not a whole lot of motivation to be creative~either sewing or quilting or card making or scrap booking~
I'm hoping to get back *on track* soon. There are so many exciting happenings around blogland that everyone is sharing! and DD and I need to start a certain player scrapbook...who is now playing with our NHL parent club.