Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I'm Back...and Week #2 Stash Report

DH had the computer cleaned and fixed so now I am back in business...so to speak! LOL

First order of business:

I finished the flower coins to a flimsy last week. I decided to go with all green as the border, too. I was thinking about green as the inner border and blue as the outer border but...the green was just hanging out on the cutting table and blue was way away in the closet so...green is the winner! I happy to say that almost all the flower coins were pre-cut and waiting to be sewn into this quilt. More dinosaur fabric used~I believe some of this fabric dates from about 2005. I just didn't realize that I had cut my coins at different widths...some 2.5 inches and some 3 inches. Just makes the whole thing a little wonky with no matchy coins... :) wonky is a good thing in my sewing world!

Second order of business:

My Stash Report for Week #2

Fabric added this week: +4 yards (backing for this quilt :))
Fabric added this year: +4 yards

Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used this year: 0 yards

Net fabric for the year: +4 yards (added)

What I accomplished this week:
  • pieced flower coins to a flimsy (see above)

Goals for next week:

  • quilt and bind flower coins
  • start another project

Thanks for *hanging with me* I've been going thru a bit of January Blues. Not a whole lot of motivation to be creative~either sewing or quilting or card making or scrap booking~

I'm hoping to get back *on track* soon. There are so many exciting happenings around blogland that everyone is sharing! and DD and I need to start a certain player scrapbook...who is now playing with our NHL parent club.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Judy S. said...

Nice quilt! Glad you were able to get your computer fixed, Pat.

Lynne in Hawaii said...

Welcome back Pat! We missed you. Sometimes your mojo needs a vacation but it appears to be getting back in the groove!

Linda C said...

Back in business with the computer! Glad that the repair work didn't keep you offline for long.

The green looks perfect for your neutral and hey, any size strip works for these quilts. Go for it!

You'll probably have this done in now time! What do you think will be next? I have been considering that while I work on these borders today. (about reward time, after all!)

Stephanie D said...

Well, I'm sure the recipient will get our his or her little tape measure and see if the strips are all the same width--NOT! Looks great to me!

Hope your Blues are about over!

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Glad you're back online. I always get the blues around this time of year. They were saying Jan. 17 is the "saddest" day of the year. So hopefully after next week we'll be motivated again.

Lori said...

a bit of blues is fine. Sometimes I think our brains just need a little down time to recharge.