Sunday, January 1, 2012

Quilting Codes 2012 Edition

In 2010, I wrote about my Quilting Code that I was going to adopt.

In 2011, I amended my Quilting Code.

As I am thinking about *where* I want my quilting journey to take me this year~I decided I was pretty happy with the 2011 Code.  I actually feel like doing the old copy/past and just change out the year...

A. Promise Quilts and Things. ummm...keeper. Still can't say, 'NO' when relatives/ friends ask for homemade quilts and things. Although this category is dwindling as more of my creations are finding homes other than my own. :)

B. Gift Quilts. ummmm...keeper. This is why I began quilting. To gift to others that touch my life in some manner. Now to figure out *how* to get quilts to my favorite Milwaukee Admirals players without seeming like a crazed quilting stalker...thinking I just might give quilts to charities by proxy...if you know what I mean. I made a baby quilt for my favorite player who had his (well his wife did) first child this fall and I donated that quilt to Margaret's Hope Chest. ps: They named their son, Patrick! In my fantasy world...yep...the kiddo is named after me! I never said I was totally sane, now did I?!

C. Donation Quilts and Things. keeper, keeper, keeper. My day guild donates Cancer Recovery Totes to two local Breast Cancer Centers and the Centers are always in need of the totes. My night guild is trying out a few different activities for donations and I'm *all in* on that. I donated a few QOV's to Alycia and her No Soldier Forgotten Quilt Drive. I love the colors of red, blue and tan. :) I also discovered Carin's Margaret's Hope Chest. A perfect fit for me as I am using my dinosaur fabric and helping to cover the youth who have a parent (or parents) in prison.

D. Dinosaur Projects. keeper. Trying to move the older fabric and projects out of the sewing room and cover others in the process.

E. ME Projects. new category...yea! I'm thinking about making seasonal quilts for my bed. More seasonal quilts for the family room. Birthday gifts for the FAB's. Seasonal backpacks as I really like this option as a purse. These are just a few projects that are for me. :)

I still want to keep track of the fabric in/out. Not so much in the stash busting arena but just to *know*. I must say that come October/November, I really dislike reporting that I have added to the stash. :)

Thanks for sticking with me this long on this boring....zzzz....post but I like to put down my thoughts about my sewing year and think about the next! gosh...2012...already!


see~I did just copy and paste!  and yes~

I did make a whole slew of quilts in the Admirals players' favorite colors.  I donated a few to Alycia and a few to Margaret's Hope Chest and I even kept one!

and

I did make the FAB's birthday gifts this year!  as a matter of fact~one FAB will be celebrating her 2011 birthday in 2012!

When I post again~here's to hoping it is a quilty project!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Never neglect a quilt for yourself. I just realized as I was making 2012 guidelines how LONG it had been since our bed had a new quilt. Definitely overdue!

Linda C said...

I am still kinda mulling over what I want to focus on getting done this year. I am glad that you are including things for your home in your list. When we get all wrapped up in doing for others often home gets neglected.

Lists do help and stating your goals publicly does hold one accountable, I have found.

It looks like you have a good mix and already have a start on some of it with the t-shirt rough cuts

Pam said...

Yes, you did make the FABs their Bday gifts and whoo hoo!!! I am lovin' my 30's table runner and use my waterbottle everyday!

Happy New Year my FABulous Pal!

Pam

Mama Spark said...

Sounds like a great list. I like putting my goals out there, helps keep me on track!