Wednesday, January 25, 2012

WIP Wednesday

I sewed the final border on the Everglade's Sidelight.  I'm thinking about loading this on the longarm next.  After the t*shirt quilts~I want to make sure it is quilting okay before I quilt  a QOV for the guild.  :)









DH requested two animal quilts as baby quilts for his expecting co-workers.  I went to the 6.5 inch square stash and eh gads, it was almost empty!  I only had about 30 total animal squares.  So I went in search of the animal stash and began cutting...

...after two days~ta da!  replenished 6.5 inch animal squares.  I even cut into some fabric that I had been saving (?!)  Better to use it as it is well over 5 years old...










Hilda at the night guild showed a quilt she had started in the 1970's...with scissors!  I didn't take a picture of it but it is a double sashed block.  I wanted to try it with the animal blocks and *see* how I liked it.

One block, of course,




often leads to many more blocks!  So far, I am really groovin' to this set.  I like that the animal novelty blocks are the main focus so far.  We'll see if I'm still groovin' to it after the next round of sashing and final border are on....

2 comments:

Silverthimble said...

The Sidelight quilt turned out fantastic! I love the setting for the animal square blocks!

Linda C said...

This is adorable, Pat! I bet the blocks go together quickly with the large squares.

Will the 2nd baby quilt be the same pattern?