Friday, May 17, 2013

Whoop! Whoop! 5.17.2013

I realized that my Bear quilt was too big for the Quilts Beyond Borders of the H2H quilt drive so I went back to the drawing board to figure out a smaller version. 

I was all set:

math done: check
panel fabric chosen: check
border fabric: check
pieced border fabric: check

The main panel fabric had to be cut across the selvages then re-adjusted and cut with the selvages.
Yep~that's right and I knew it instantly!  I did not re-adjust the fabric and hacked off a rather large portion of the main panel fabric.

My first thought (in panic mode) was just to sew it back together with the border fabric between. 

kinda bleh, wouldn't you say?! 

Out came the seam ripper...frog, frog, frog...

My second thought was Mary's Quick Strippie.  I made a few adjustments for the fabric that I had already cut. 

Much, much better.  Still a little long as it measure 41 x 66 before quilting.

I'm linking up with Sarah today. 

Whoop! Whoop!
 
It's a flimsy!  only three days in the making...lol.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I like the end result - the brown strips make the print fabric "pop." Nice job