Wednesday, May 29, 2013

WIP Wednesday

DD is in love with mustaches!  So much so that when I asked *what* she wanted on the back of her new bed quilt, she had no answer until I found some mustache fabric!  and then, I found a mustache pantograph!

So I have been practicing the mustache panto.

First on this quilt. I cut into my blue fat quarters I have been saving so I cut blocks 8.5 inches square.  I knew that I wanted to use a blue/green tie dye print for the back so I pulled some bright green from the stash as well.  I did buy the dark grey.  :)

pattern inspiration found here and the pattern is found here.

I also made myself a new summer backpack and lanyard.  Mustaches of course to continue the practice.  This backpack is a little smaller than the others so I will have to *see* how I adjust to it!

Happy I was able to sneak in a little sewing for me in May!  after all,  May is for Me!

1 comment:

Linda C said...

what is with the mustache thing? A fav player has one maybe. Looks like a neat panto though