Monday, June 10, 2013

What I'm Working On...

...I wanted to test out this pattern but it didn't tell what size the squares were suppose to be cut. (You will need to scroll all the way down to the end as this pattern is called 'Framed'). So I cut at 6.5 inches.  The quilt turned out a tad too small for a QOV so I was auditioning possibilities to both widen and lengthen the quilt.  To get the quilt the size in the pattern~I believe one would need 9.5 inch cut squares for the inside and the 9 patches need to be 9.5 inches unfinished also.

The plain red seems just too red to me.  I'm thinking maybe a row of 4 patches using the stars/ dark blue as I am going to frame the whole quilt in the dark blue...

...might work!  ...maybe?  I'll let it marinate for a little while longer...

2 comments:

JoAnne said...

I like the red for a narrow zinger then the four patches would be good. IMHO.

Nancy said...

I agree with JoAnne - a little more red to make the center "pop" a bit more.