Friday, January 17, 2014

First Finish in 'A Year of Lovely Finishes'

Whoop! Whoop!

My first finish in 'A Year of Lovely Finishes'! I'm excited to have this finish to cross off the list!  True ~    it was only the binding that needed sewing but it had been waiting for the hand work since November 2013.

The wheels have fallen off my Finishing Wagon so I am trying to get back on track.  :)

This quilt is crumb blocks with an inset of tall wonky stars.  The wonky stars tutorial can be found here. It was the Block Lotto block in August of 2013.
I quilted it with the Ebb and Flow panto.

When the January 'A Year of Lovely Finishes' linky party is up...I'll link to that.

EDIT:  LINK HERE!


Right now ~ I'm linking up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  Whoop! Whoop!

8 comments:

Paulette said...

Awesome! Loving the crumb blocks and the strip of red stars. Congrats on the fab finish!

Terri said...

Lovely quilt. I especially like the wonky stars. Great job on the blue parts, too.
Hugs

genie said...

that strip of red stars really pops and adds so much to your quilt. I had to giggle when I read the wheel had called off your finishing wagon...mine fell off and seem a difficult size for replacing :-) genie

Nancy said...

It's a wonderful first finish for 2014!

Thanks for the link to the wonky stars.

Cher said...

fabulous quilt Pat! well done to have a finish in the first month of the new year...I love it!

Linda C said...

Love that strip of red stars on there, Pat. Really makes the quilt shine.

Judy S. said...

Happy New Year, Pat! Great quilt! I love that row of stars.

Sandy Panagos said...

It's really great. I LOVE the row of stars in there. It really pops.