Tuesday, May 13, 2014

What I'm Working on...

...the deadline for quilts for the Hands 2 Help Quilt Drive is fast approaching.  So I thought I would work on a quilt for Sarah's H2H.









My inspiration is Marmalade Squares by Katie Blakesly of Swim, Bike, Quilt. Instead of a charm pack, I decided to pull out my 6.5 inch novelty squares and base this quilt on the 6 inch measurement instead of 4.5 inch (finished size).

Here it is as a puzzle, trying to figure the layout.

Ta-da!

Here is the flimsy!

The size is approximately 57 x 69 before quilting. The border is not my first choice but it was in the stash and I had enough of it!  *grin*

Well ~ I used about 80 or so squares from the novelty box and as you can see, it's still pretty full.  *sigh*

2 comments:

Nancy said...

What a cute quilt. I love the brown smashing with those fabrics. Nicely done!

Lynne in Hawaii said...

So simple...so classy. Well done!