Wednesday, July 9, 2014

WIP Wednesday...7.9.2014

It's a flimsy!

I decided to sew the stars off set. Unfortunately, I made a sewing error, err - a design opportunity appeared! - so I moved the first and very wonky star to the top row. I added a spacer to the top/bottom of the stars so that I wouldn't have to match seams...a little sneaky of me, right?!

I had a limited amount of the flag fabric so I added a little bit to the top/ bottom.  The quilt measures approximately 54 x 71 before  quilting.  Too small for a Quilt of Valor but Margaret's Hope Chest is collecting quilts for their Prison Outreach Program. I read about the quilt drive on Amanda Jean's blog Crazy Mom Quilts, although I didn't sew along with Amanda Jean. I figured that rwb can be gender neutral!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Fabulous finish!