Thursday, July 6, 2017

My July 4, 2017

I had a simple goal for the holiday ---- piece two quilts.

The first quilt.

pattern credit:

Bento Box

The second quilt.

pattern credit:

Chinese Coins.














I used the leftovers from the Bento Box to start this coin quilt. I added about 5 x WOF of blues and greens to get the coins to length. I also used 2 yards of the dark gray as sashing and outer border. I probably should have bought another 1/2 yard to use as binding. That would make a cohesive look but will most likely use the cut-offs from the backing fabric. Time will tell what I'm feeling.  LOL

I volunteered to help my friend to cover the children in the Jefferson County (Wisconsin) Foster Care System. My friend and I as well as the Oconomowoc Quilters Guild will be making about 85 quilts for the kids. I'm planning on donating these two quilts.

No comments: