Monday, January 21, 2019

Design Wall Monday 1.21.2019

After a few weeks off, I was able to get back into the sewing room. I had taken a bag of 8.5 inch plaids from the Oconomowoc Quilt Guild in December 2018 in hopes of piecing a manly quilt for the Comfort Quilting group.

I found this picture online and decided to try it on these plaids.


















I did add the background from my stash. The darker border came from the donation bin and the orange was in my stash~I am happy that it has found a home. Imagine my surprise when after I had pieced about three quarters of the blocks made willy-nilly that I was making pinwheels...well, duh! There are so many easier was to make pinwheels and I would have been more careful with the fabric placement! But I do like the overall look. They DO look manly...lol!

The Dark Border Quilt.



The Orange Border Quilt.







Linking up with:

Judy at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

1 comment:

Angie in SoCal said...

Oh, I like both of those. It's going on my to-do file.
And they do look manly - just right for my adult sons, but thinking of making them into rag quilts as they both live in cold places. Thanks for the inspiration.