Friday, February 8, 2019

Whoop! Whoop! 2.8.2019

A few Sundays ago, the Oconomowoc Quilt Guild went to the Ben Franklin and volunteered to help organize for the upcoming Quilt-a-thon (March 16 & 17, 2019). One of the members decided to sew a jelly roll 1600 quilt. Well, after about three hours of 'torture' (her words, not mine!), she decided to abandon the project. I volunteered to take it home and finish it up for her.  Now, I really just volunteered to piece it into a flimsy but I thought, why not finish it? It will only take a few hours! lol

Here it is! The size was a little funky-like 48 x 75- so I unsewed 4 rows and cut them to use in a border. I didn't have enough squares to go all the way around so, partial pieced borders.

pattern info: jelly roll race using straight seams to join with a partial pieced border.

panto info: square spiral



















Linking up with:

Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict

and TGIFF at Kathy's Kwits and More

4 comments:

Jean Belle said...

How nice of you to finish this up. Looks wonderful!

Kat Scribner said...

Great solution to the size adjustments and great finish!

quiltingbydawn said...

How kind of you! It looks wonderful!

Sew Much For Free Time said...

It looks great! And finished is always better than not finished! I'm not too far from Oconomowoc. (I live in Slinger). Could you give me some details about the Quilt-A-Thon?