Monday, October 14, 2019

Design Wall Monday 10.14.2019

Today I started on my green/yellow plus quilt.

If completed on time, this will be a donation for the neighborhood fundraiser. Recently, a neighbor started treatment for brain cancer and the neighbors are getting together to help raise money for the family. Unfortunately I will be at my quilt retreat during the event, but the organizers are looking for donations to raffle off, and what? would be better than a quilt to snuggle under?!

Of course, I started by cutting a few 5 inch squares.

Next, the layout begins. I chose to cut into my greens and use yellow as the background. (hint hint: I live in Wisconsin and it IS football season!)

I'll have to design in two segments as:

1. my wall is not big enough and
2. I'm short...

pattern: combination of many found on the internet:

My Pinterest board contains my inspirations.





Linking up today with:

Judy at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

and

Beth at Monday Making

and

Cynthia at Oh! Scrap! Quilting is More Fun than Housework

2 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

That quilt is going to be SEW great with all of those greens!!

Bonnie said...

What a great thing the neighbors are doing. Your quilt should be fantastic. I love all sorts of Plus quilts.