Monday, March 4, 2013

What I'm Working On...

...two projects.

First project:

I finally made the blocks for my *Potato Chip* quilt!  I've been seeing these around the web and have been wanting to try one.  So last Friday, I used the reward system with my sewing room activities.  Do something I like (make 8 blocks), do something I don't want to do (trim 45 skate lace bracelets), do something I like (make 8 more blocks), do something I don't want to do (feed string through backpacks) and finally do something I like (make more blocks)!  Before I knew it~I had all the blocks made and a few projects finished up!

I never really *found* exact instructions for this quilt~I cut my centers at 8.5 inches and the framing strips at 2.5 inches.  The blocks will finish at 12 inches.

Second project:  The scrapbook cover for Jonathon Blum's scrapbook. Jon's now playing for our parent club, the Nashville Predators but I still scrapped half the season while he was here in Milwaukee








Now the questions is:  do I have the Admirals' office mail it to Jon or do I try to attend a Predator game and try to meet up with him after the game to give it to Jon? A big part of the fun in these players' scrapbooks is watching the players reactions to the work you have done on his book...

4 comments:

Chris said...

I LOVE your rewards system. I need to do something like that.

Nancy said...

Your reward system just might be the answer to my lack of sewing.

Love the potato chip quilt.

NeverBored said...

I've been using the reward system for several years now and love it! I stitch in between my exercise sets and no longer dread exercising. It's amazing how many projects I've completed with this in between stitching time. It's a win-win situation!

Linda C said...

Reward system works and you just proved it! That pattern has been around as long as I have been involved in pro bono quilting--late 99 and then it was called Rainy Day Satisfaction. The potato chip moniker came later. BUT you don't need a pattern. Cut whatever squares you can squeeze out of two bits of yardage! You might one a half yard more of whatever you pick for binding but you figured it out!

Hooray for finishes!