Wednesday, May 22, 2024

WIP Wednesday 5.22.2024

Just as I thought, the two Fabric Cafe patterns went together quickly.

I'm calling this one, 'Dash: No Sash' as I made a few extra blocks. Enough for an extra row and the sash would have made it too long. (even for me! LOL)


pattern inspiration: Dash from Easy Peasy Fabric Cafe book but without the sashing.

The second one is Button Box. I don't remember if I made any alterations on this one. 😁 If I did, I would make another row of squares and then add a little bit smaller border.

pattern: Button Box from Fabric Cafe's book, Quilts in a Jiffy.

As Memorial Day is approaching, I wanted to refresh (or remake) my flag wall hanging. Then I saw this one on Pinterest.

And remembered last year, my Quilting Buddy and I spent a very pleasant day cutting tumblers on her AccuQuilt Cutter. We cut lots of 6 inch tumblers and the scraps, she sent back through with the smaller tumbler! Here is what some of the smaller tumblers look like on the design wall.

Unfortunately, I didn't have enugh of the light to make a border and Quilting Buddy lives 6 hours away. So out came the manila folder, ruler and a small tumbler.

I made myself a template! This is looking good!

I sewed it together in columns because of the orientation of the tumblers.

I added a border to the sides and ta-da!

pattern: Image found on Pinterest but no information.

Sharing today with Susan at MidWeek Makers.

Monday, May 20, 2024

Design Wall Monday 5.20.2024

Our Admin for the FB QOV Working Stars group challenged us to make any Fabric Cafe 3 yard quilt pattern for a QOV. In most of the books, there is a conversion to increase the size of the quilts. Basically, you need 6 yards and make twice the blocks. The quilts are 'due' on the FB page by May 31, 2024.

I like to choose a pattern that has a big alternate block for my patriotic novelty. The first one to make is going to be Dash from Easy Peasy Quilts.


I've also chosen a second one as Donna's patterns work up pretty quick. The second one will be Button Box from Quilts in a Jiffy.

Sharing today with Judy at Design Wall Monday.

Saturday, May 18, 2024

SoScrappy Saturday 5.18.2024

Today is the third Saturday of May of the color pink.

Time for my main block of the 2024 Scrap Busters Challenge. I may have over made blocks again this month. LOL

Sharing today with SoScrappy Saturday

Friday, May 17, 2024

Finish or NOT Friday 5.17.2024

Wow! If you need a fast quilt...this is the pattern for you! Big squares as the checkerboard and a wide piece of novelty fabric and...may I present to you May 2024's Cinco de Mayo quilt!!! This one is mine!!

I used a new to me panto called Apollo. It was a fun sew but I'm still liking my serpentine wave I usually sew. LOL

pattern: Fabric Cafe's Checkmate
panto: apollo

Wednesday, May 15, 2024

WIP Wednesday 5.15.2024

Well, this one went together in a jiffy. Ummm...that's one of the Fabric Cafe's catch phrases...LOL

Here are the squares along with the Cinco de Mayo fabric.

Here is my completed flimsy.

pattern: Fabric Cafe Checkmate

Sharing today with Susan at MidWeek Makers

Monday, May 13, 2024

Design Wall Monday 5.13.2024

I found a yard of Mexican inspired fabric and decided to make a Cinco de Mayo quilt to showcase for the May birthdays in my night guild 'Birthday Bash' Challenge. The challenge is use your birthday month as inspiration to create ' a little something' to share at the June 2024 meeting. By the way, I'm running the challenge and always like 'to show' a little something when I stand in front of the guild to talk about the challenge. (ps: my birthday is October and I NEED to make my entry!)

I'm going to make the three yard quilt 'Checkmate' from Fabric Cafe. This is my fabric pull.

pattern: Fabric Cafe's Checkmate

Sharing with Judy at Design Wall Monday.

Saturday, May 11, 2024

SoScrappy Saturday 5.11.2024

Today is the second Saturday of May of the color pink.

Time for my Hollow Nine patch blocks. I am really enjoying making these blocks. many thanks to my fellow RSC-ers who made the blocks in previous years and inspired me to make Hollow Nines this year!

pattern: Hollow Nine patch

Sharing today with SoScrappy Saturday.

Friday, May 10, 2024

Finish or NOT Friday 5.10.2024

I have a finish but just barely! I was sewing the binding on earlier today...

pattern: Bonnie Hunter's Pineapple Blossom
                using 4.5 inch light squares and 2.5 inch red/blue strips

panto: Happy Times

Wednesday, May 8, 2024

WIP Wednesday 5.8.2024

I am continuing to work on my Pineapple Blossom quilt. It is due at MelonHeads in June sometime, so I'm still ahead on this one! Looks like I need to make a few more blocks...

 After a little while, all the blocks were made!

I wondered what it would look like in a Field and Furrows set, so I twisted and turned a few of the blocks. I really like this setting.

In the end, I went with the Pineapple Blossoms setting and a darker border. This setting mimics the one that I did with the blue eagle panel, blogged here.

                    using 4.5 inch light squares and 2.5 inch strips

Sharing today with Susan at MidWeek Makers.

Monday, May 6, 2024

Design Wall Monday 5.6.2024

After I made the blue eagle panel quilt with the Bonnie Hunter Pineapple Blossom surround, I decided maybe, it might be 'hard' to 'see' the pineapple block. I also had quite a few leftover red/blue strips and background. So I am making another set of patriotic pineapple blossom blocks.

Here is the blue eagle panel quilt.

Here are the leftovers/beginnings of the second Bonnie Hunter Pineapple Blossom quilt. I sorta feel like I am on 'rinse and repeat' mode! LOL

pattern: Bonnie Hunter's Pineapple Blossom quilt

Sharing today with Judy at Design Wall Monday.