Monday, August 11, 2014

Design Wall Monday 8.11.2014

A good start to the week!

On the design wall is the quilt for my niece's baby…my great - niece! Hardly seems possible! The baby was born last Monday (8.4.2014) at about 6:30 pm.  I went to my trusty bin of novelties and pulled out as many girly fabrics as I could find.  Into the stash I went and found this subtle pink with white circles. I had cut out the pink last Wednesday but just sewed it into a top today. I already pinned it to the frame so next will be to figure out a backing.


I'm thinking I want to use the baby's initials - SJS - somehow. :)

I didn't double check the layout but I am kinda groovin' to the light to dark gradient. I put *Star Wars* fabric in the four corners as the new Dad is a BIG. STAR. WARS. FAN! did I say, "BIG!"?!

Usually I post before I sew…it's a good double check. Next time…I'll have to remember to *post before I sew*.  lol.

Well…that's my story and I'm sticking to it!  *grins*

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I like this quilt. It will be a good "I spy" quilt for a toddler, too.