Friday, February 19, 2010

Thursday's Loot

The loot from JAF.

On the left is QOV yardage.

The green geometric is for cuffs on pillowcases, if you click here it will take you to You Tube then click on 'Nifty Trick for Sewing a Pillowcase'. I never really *understood* the hot dog method until I saw this video, then *something* clicked. :) I thought the green would contrast nicely with some of the florals in my stash. The Ben Franklin Quilt Club has joined the All People Quilt 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge. The club's goal is to make and donate 2010 pillowcases. Cute, eh?!

The polka dot and birdhouses will be a Cancer Recovery tote that the Lake Country Quilt Guild donates to two local Breast Cancer Centers. The ladies delivered 30 totes just before the holidays and sadly, the Centers need more totes.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Linda C said...

I would say you shopped well, Pat. Every piece shown has a definite purpose and will be put into use in the near term---in the stash and right out of it so a temporary blip on your fabric tallies.

Lori said...

GREEN is always good! And seems like we always need more QOV fabric. I wandered thru two fabric stores today and didn't see anything to tempt me, I must be ill. Or maybe I kept thinking of all the stuff I have waiting to be quilted. Guilt is great for not buying fabric!