Thursday, April 10, 2008

9 Patch Pizzazz Weekend

The ladies of the FAB's (Pam, LindaJ, Norma, and Cher) graciously invited me to a cyber sew-in with them this weekend.

We are making the Lily Pond Pattern from Judy Siserno's 9 Patch Pizzazz book.
We all received one yard of the challenge fabric...yellow with white dots and blue stars. I'm using the cats as my focus and companion fabrics, the yellow with stars as the main 9patch fabric, the blue and pale yellow to make the remaining parts of the 9patches. One set of patches should be 'bright' and the other 'mooshy' according to Judy Siserno. We will see how I do as I think I'm not a real 'mooshy' color person, if you get my drift. Our completed quilts will then be donated to Pam's Mission to Mexico (or M2M). If you haven't stopped by and checked out what Pam does...hop on over...it will warm your heart that the needs of children in Mexico are being met one loving quilt at a time :)

4 comments:

Greenmare said...

oh how cool! Make sure you share pictures!!!

Pam said...

Nice choices! These quilts will be loved by little ones for a long time. Thank you for your generosity...it warms my heart to know how giving others are.

"See" you tomorrow morning, bright and early!
Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com

Silverthimble said...

I love that cat fabric! It looks like you found the perfect "go with" to match the fabric supplied by Pam! It was great "meeting" you last night. I am looking forward to Saturday. BTW, glad to see you haven't cut your fabrics either--I just haven't found the time yet to cut!

Lori in South Dakota said...

what a great project. Please keep us updated on how it goes. The pattern looks like so much fun! And a great way to use your stash.