Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Green Crumb is a Flimsy

I finished piecing the green crumb to a flimsy!

I think it needs a new name~I kept having visions of Creme de Menthe Brownies and Oreo Mint Blizzards as I was piecing this. I was going to use a light tan or possibly grey sashing but DS thought the chocolate brown was a better look for the green crumbs. Er, Mint Parfait....hungry yet?!

Unfortunately the backing I was going to use, doesn't seem to work. I should go into the closet and piece a creative backing. Right? in the spirit of using the stash...will look for those odd ball greens to use!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is really striking Pat. I love these improv quilts I'm seeing all over the net!
Have a happy thanksgiving with your family.

Sherrill said...

Oh, that's pretty, Pat!! I just started a crumb quilt the other day but mine's TRULY scrappy!! Did you cut 4 smaller blocks then sew them together to make a larger one? VERY good use of scrap stash!

Sherrill said...

Oh brother, never mind...I answered my own question by going to the next previous post. DUH!! LOL

Stephanie D. said...

Yumm! It looks like a mint oreo! Or, chocolate pistachio ice cream!

Linda_J said...

Yeah, it DOES look a bit like mint and chocolate! Hurray for the flimsy finish, Pat. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. I didn't get a chance to ask you what you had planned--staying home?

Mama Spark said...

I love how this one came out! Now STOP IT! You are making me sooooo hungry!