Friday, March 7, 2014

Whoop! Whoop! 3.7.2014


I finished piecing the Coaches' quilts to flimsies!  I used the Mock Trip Around the World block and just twisted and turned to make different layouts.  - oh yeah!

The off center medallion  aka  *Offsides* in hockey talk.


The many trips around the world   aka   *Face Off Circles* in hockey talk.


The streak of lightening - oriented horizontally   aka   *Ladders* in hockey talk.  It reminds me of the skating drill from blue line to blue line.  I saw this layout at my friend, Linda's blog - Life, quilts and a cat, too - posted here.









Today I am linking up with:

Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict

6 comments:

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

These quilts look awesome! I never ceases to amaze me how the very same blocks can make a completely different quilt when turned a different way!

Nancy said...

Three unique and attractive quilts for the coaches. Nice job!

JoAnne said...

Love all three layouts! Very nice!

Anonymous said...

These three quilts are really well done! Love the colour combo and the block is fabulous!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

Linda C said...

Oh cool! I love how each one turned out so differently with same fabrics just by turning those versatile blocks around.

Even more fun to see you actually made one up using that zig zag set! I love it, Pat! THX for linking back.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What awesome Lay outs!