Saturday, August 2, 2014

August Goal Setting 8.2.2014

Over at Fiber of All Sorts, Shanna is running a Lovely Year of Finishes Challenge. While I don't seem to collect many unfinished projects - I do tend to buy fabric with no particular quilt/idea in mind.  Sound familiar? So this month, I am digging into the stash and pulling out a fabric that is close to 8 or maybe 9 years old!

This basketball print was brought in Nagadoches, Texas when my niece was married. That was when we lived in Texas. I am quickly approaching my 8th year anniversary of living in Wisconsin. Now with my love of novelties, I tend to collect them but not the *go withs*. I did find the red in my stash but the green/blue were purchased for this project. *sigh* I originally wanted to use orange or yellow but neither of those stash colors were working for me. *another sigh*  I hope the end product doesn't look too Christmas-y. *double sigh* I recently brought the Two's Company pattern after seeing a QOV made from this. I think the print will look good in the larger squares. When my basketball quilt is complete I am planning on donating it to Margaret's Hope Chest for their Prison Ministry Outreach.

Housekeeping: I am number 27 on the August Linky Party list.

Did you hear?

The annual 100 Quilts for Kids has started! This year Kate of Swim, Bike, Quilt has handed over the reins to Heather at Quilts in the Queue!

Hop on over to Heather's blog to see what the 100 Quilts for Kids Challenge is all about!  There are prizes...

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Two's Company is a perfect pattern for this fabric. I'm eager to see the finished quilt.

Cher said...

great pattern and turns out you were number 26, as I actually went to take a look :-) cool that you are doing this!