Monday, July 27, 2015

What I'm Working On…7/27/2105

…I finished sewing my Strip Tube quilt together and sure enough, I pulled the bias edges out of whack.

*bummer*

I decided to sew my inner/ outer border together and treat them as one unit. I measured down the middle of the quit and cut the borders that size then sewed it together to *fit*.

I hope it quilts out…*grin*

5 comments:

Ramona said...

Great quilt... love the design.

Tired Teacher said...

I love the pop of red in this one.

I've made several quilts with a similar technique, and I think it is impossible to NOT pull the bias edges out of whack on these quilts.

MartiDIY said...

I agree, it's hard not to do. But I bet it will quilt out and no one will ever notice; I wouldn't have if you hadn't said something about it. It's a nice looking quilt.

Dar said...

Love the design of your quilt and the colors you used. Those bias edges are sometimes more well behaved if you spray starch the fabrics before cutting, at least that's what I do when a pattern calls for that type of cutting.

Alycia said...

I am sure it will ;-)