Monday, June 6, 2016

April 2016 Update

My sewing in April consisted of deciding on a pattern for a work friend. I was very grateful for all the help he has given me in my transition back into the work force.

The only thing I really got from him when I was quizzing him is that his favorite colors are orange and green but I really didn't want to make a crumb quilt right now...

I knew that I wanted to add either white or black...

I do believe that he is either first or second generation USA Indian, so I looked up the Indian flag and

IT.ALL.FELL.INTO.PLACE!

I love it when that happens!

I choose to use the Missouri Star No Waste method for half square triangles, found here.

I decided on an off center setting.

The pantograph is Bubbles.

Here is the back. I added more half square triangles to a piece of fabric that I iced dyed.

No comments: