Monday, June 3, 2019

Design Wall Monday 6.3.2019

Not very much sewing has been happening the last week here at Bell Creek Quilts!

I did manage to cut and start sewing a few cancer recovery bags for my day guild. This Thursday is the last meeting until September, so I figured I better make a few. I always think I am being so very careful cutting but as you can see...some are vertical and some are horizontally orientated!

lol


So, what have I been up to?








After 12 years, I am long over do for re-organizing and de-cluttering. So I began...

the laundry area...














the kitchen...






the linen closet...


the master bath closet...



















It feels so good to have all the little baskets matching! I really need to purge my closet then onto the basement and sewing area!

and DD had a birthday! She made the cake from scratch...Strawberry Champagne!


She's 20 now...how did that happen?!







Linking up with:

Judy at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

and

Beth at Monday Making

1 comment:

Rebecca Grace said...

Happy birthday to your daughter! That cake looks gorgeous and I'll bet it was delicious. My little boy is eighteen, about to graduate from high school this weekend -- I am shaking my head and wondering the same thing as you -- HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?! Where did that 6' tall man come from, and what happened to the little boy who lived here just yesterday?!

I'm curious about your cancer bags. How are they used? I can't tell how big they are from the photo. Are they for transporting a quilt and other things used to make chemotherapy more comfortable? Unfortunately I have several friends who have been diagnosed with cancer recently so I'm starting to think about what I could make for them.