Friday, August 27, 2010

Steamer Bag

A few days ago I finally found all the *ingredients* to make this Baked Potato and Tortilla Steamer bag.

Everything from the outer fabrics, muslin, batting and thread need to be 100% cotton to reduce the risk of fire in the microwave. Here is one link I found through Amazon where this pattern may be brought. I simply Google Image searched Baked Potato Steamer bag and like 50 pages of links appeared. :)

photo from: Amazon.com

This is mine. I baked one potato in it which DD and I shared for lunch on Wednesday. I was so excited! The potato was the yummiest I had in a long time. On Thursday, I cooked 2 potatoes in the bag. DD's was still yummy. Mine was a little bigger and could have cooked a little longer. I still kept a close eye on it~in case of fire~and flipped the bag over halfway through the cooking time!

I'm thinking this has the potential of *gifties* in the future. That is, if I can keep track of all the *ingredients* and pattern. Easier said than done somedays! lol
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Silverthimble said...

I love the idea of the potato bag as a giftie!