Wednesday, July 30, 2014

WIP Wednesday 7.30.2014

I'm making slow progress on the next panel quilt. Nancy at Wyoming Breezes also sent me this flag panel - a long time ago. It aged until I decided to use crumb blocks with it. I then had the *bright* idea to float the crumb blocks!

I have 8 out of 9 rows completed.  I may *frog* the first row/ panel and insert a sashing there.  Not sure, yet.  One thing though, I'm running out of background.

The question is: Do I buy more or use a different fabric in the border?  When I asked DD what she thought, I heard my own voice!



"It's a DESIGN OPPORTUNITY not a mistake!"

 KIDS! she actually listens to me...lol.

DS helped me to make a map so that the red/blue crumbs would be the correct orientation.

so far...so good.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!  :)

3 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I really like that floating effect!! Very creative

Nancy said...

I agree with Alycia - creative and attractive. Nice job!

Sew Much For Free Time said...

I think its lovely! Could you explain "crumb" blocks?