Friday, July 25, 2014

Whoop! Whoop! 7.25.2014

Time to get your Whoop! Whoop! on...the glamour shots!

This is the front of the next Quilt of Valor. I was thinking of naming it: Liberty's Eagle but I'm not real sure. Funny, I never used to name the quilts I made until I started using the pre-printed labels for Quilts of Valor and there is a line for a name...and I feel that I need to fill in the blank. Crazy, eh?

It really is straight - I just hung it up crooked. At 60 x 80 it is out of my comfort zone for handling!


pattern inspiration: Turtle Twirl from Quiltmaker Magazine September/October 2008

Many thanks to my friend Nancy at Wyoming Breezes who sent me the panel - many moons ago!

quilting: Halcyon from Lorien Quilting











Today I am linking up with:

Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict

and

Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts

5 comments:

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

Liberty's Eagle is a beautiful finish! I wouldn't leave the line blank either :) Judy

Nancy said...

Nice job, Pat and great use of the panel.

I name my quilts to help me keep track of them.

Stephie said...

I don't think it's crazy at all to feel the need to complete a blank line!!! Great quilt :)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I Love it!!! What a great way to create a work of art around that panel!!! Great job!

Judy S. said...

Fun! I love the border fabric. It's perfect! You've been really busy with that machine of yours.