Saturday, April 11, 2015

Onto Something New...

…my church is asking for donations for the upcoming Women's Renew Retreat, so I thought I would make a quilt.

Well, my first idea didn't work but the lilacs have about a 12 inch repeat and I had enough fabric to stack and slice into the Four Patch Posey blocks. I found just the right shading of green fabric to work as cornerstones in the stash.

Here is the completed center of the quilt, ready for the outer border of lilacs. To the left is a piece of the uncut fabric…







pattern source: Four Patch Posey, this is just one of many tutorials out on the web. Google Search will yield a multitude of ideas. Since my repeat was a little over 12 inches, I decided to cut my squares at 3 inches.

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

It's a beauty! I love lilacs - my favorite spring flower.

Judy S. said...

Great colors! I love it.