Tuesday, July 1, 2008

July 1st View and a Meme

Sweet P., at Coffee Time Quilt Studio, started keeping track of her yard by posting a picture on the first of the month.

This is the view out my kitchen window today. After two weeks, the ponds are starting to go recede from the flooding rains. Next thing to deal with...an over supply of mosquitoes!


Mamaspark tagged me for a meme:
  • 7 facts/quirks/habits about yourself
  • tag 7 others to play
  • no tag backs (ie, don't tag the person who tagged you)

ummm...let see what I can come up with...

  • I LOVE COFFEE...simple bean sorry no Starbucks, etc. for me
  • I ALWAYS sleep on the left side of the bed. Otherwise I fall out...goofy, eh?
  • I like to collect recipes and cookbooks then 'go out to eat'
  • My DH and BIL are twins, born 7 minutes apart. 2 out of 4 brothers are twins, born 7 minutes apart. (and no, I didn't give birth to twins :) )
  • I tried many crafts before I found sewing and quilting. For example, knitting, rug hooking, calligraphy and basketmaking to name a few.
  • When I lived in Michigan at 85 F...I used to sweat...ALOT, after living in Texas at 85 F...I look for a jacket to put on...go figure?
  • I have lived in 6 different homes in 3 states in the 22 years DH and I have been married.

Well, I'm suppose to tag 7 more players, so in Finn's words, "I tag you and you and you, hiding behind your sewing machine!" Please, play only if you wish...it is fun :) to get to know the others out in blogland!

2 comments:

SueR said...

You really do have a lovely back porch and yard. Loved the 7 facts about you--didn't everyone do 10 other crafts before they started quilting? So did I... Now there's an interesting fact about DH and BIL-twins.

Linda C said...

I thought I heard something about the mosquito being the WI state bird? LOL

Hmmm secret project--maybe the WFC? Or you have bday gift to tend to?