Two bad 'things' for stash busting...
- going to the local quilt shop and shopping the sale room.
- pushing the buttons at one of my favorite online quilt shops.
My report follows:
- fabric received in: 22 yards
- fabric used: 6 yards
- net fabric for the week: + 16 yards (added)
Net fabric for the year: + 37.5 yards (added)
What I accomplished this week:
- quilted and bound Linda's 'Cher's Gym Floor' quilt
- quilted and bound Teddy Patchwork quilt
- pieced Organic Packer quilt top to a flimsy
Goals for next week:
- quilt and bind Organic Packer quilt top
- cut and sew pillows/cancer bags
- cut and sew QOV pillowcases
- mail quilts to Paula
This week, I am going to try to quilt my Organic Packer flimsy and bind it! woohoo! a project for the family :)
My day guild makes cancer bags and little pillows for the women's cancer treatment facility at the local hospital. Over the summer, the hospital gave away it's last bag, so now is the time to replenish the supply. Last month the ladies made about 15 bags, which was a great start to replenishing the supply!
My night guild is making QOV pillowcases to fill with 'goodies' to send overseas and, believe it or not, this is for Christmas! Are we really that close to Christmas?! DD and I did some QOV shopping last week at the big box store. I have two pillowcases made and want to make two more to donate. I like to donate in groups of four...I figure that there are four healthy human members of my family...so one donation for each of us. Does that make any sense?!
So this week, the focus will be on charity projects with a few of my own projects sprinkled in for good measure.