Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Design Wall Monday...

...on Tuesday.

I trimmed up the 92 flying geese units that belong to the Lake Country Mystery.  The mystery is the quilt~ One, Two, Buckle My Shoe by Pam See of Vanilla Latte` Quilts.

This quilt has the makings of becoming a nightmare for me!  It has many sewing elements that I tend to avoid when quilt making such as half square triangles (pretending to be flying geese) and pieced setting triangles for the on point setting.  *GASP*!  I half kiddingly said that I am going to look for a stripe to use as binding so that I can make bias binding!  If I had only thunk to paper piece *something* in it~then this top would have *checked off* a lot of my quilting bucket list....see side bar!  :)

Here are the blocks, ready to be sewn into rows...suppose to be stars but all I *see* are x's in black boxes....uggghhhh....saga to be continued...

No comments: