Monday, August 26, 2013

What I'm Working on...8.26.2013

I received one of the schoolhouse panels with the challenge of making a quilt for the Delafield Library to hang on one of their walls.  Somewhere at sometime, I  had seen a quilt with the bow tie block as a border element that I wanted to try.  I thought this one would be a good opportunity to try it out.  :)

Here's what I have so far.  I'm thinking I need one more block per side border so that there will be more background for the border to float on.  I *know* the wall space is big ~ like 5' x 5' or 6' x 6'.  When Betty, our library liason told me the size, I was like, "It's kinda hard to make a rectangular panel square".  right?!  but I'll do my best!

3 comments:

sue said...

Wow, that bow tie border looks amazing! From here it looks like ginormous polka dots. Very fun!

Nancy said...

I think a larger border would work well for this bowtie border.

The panel works well with the bowties. Nice job!

Rhonda R. said...

I really like how the bowtie border looks. It will be a great quilt for the library.