Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Wedding Gift

My nephew was married last month and this weekend is the family reception. When asked if the newlyweds tastes were more traditional or contemporary, the answer was contemporary. Last summer while visiting Jacquie of Tallgrass Prairie Studio, she had a tutorial published on Sew Mama Sew's blog for a Contemporary Quilted Tree Skirt.

This week I have been working on piecing it. A fun departure from my *normal* sewing stuff, eh? The *traditionalist* in me insisted that I piece the mod trees in green and not red...so the tree skirt has a *green* feel to it. I plan to quilt it with snowflakes.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mama Spark said...

I really love this Pat. What a great gift!!

Nancy said...

How cool is that!! I love it.

Linda C said...

This is so cute, Pat! Funky stars and modified trees. Looks like you will make your deadline after all!