Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Finish

The finished Quilted Christmas Tree Skirt.

Designed by Jacquie. Tutorial here.

Quilted with Snazzy Snowflakes from Willow Leaf Studios.

Thanks Jacquie for a wonderfully fun pattern!



The pieced back. I miscalculated on where to start the quilting, so the borders all ended up being a different size. Just adds to the wonky-ness of the Christmas Tree Skirt.

We are travelling to Michigan for the Friday night reception. See you Monday morning with the stash report!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Unknown said...

very nice Pat. I am sure your nephew will enjoy the tree skirt and will think of you every christmas when it is part of their decorations.
Have a Happy Birthday on the 17th

Mayvis

Linda C said...

It turned out very well and what's more, it is ready in time for the reception! Hurray for another finish.

I better thank Mayvis for the bday prompt. Time is flying by so quickly and boom, I should have gotten a card in the mail days ago. Hope you have a good day since by now you are gone on your trip.

Lori in South Dakota said...

Great present, the "modern" look is catchy!

SueR said...

Well, that really is outside the box for you, but I really like how it turned out. As usual, you're churning out quilts like no tomorrow!

Stephanie D said...

I'm like you--a traditionalist--but it sure turned out pretty! Glad you went with the green.

Sweet P said...

Wow! I love your tree skirt! You will have one awesome dressed tree this year.

Mama Spark said...

I really like hos this one turned out, Pat. I am so being drawn to this kind of thing lately. thanks for sharing!!