Sunday, May 2, 2010

Weekend Round~Up

DH spent yesterday and today beautifying the grounds here at Bell Creek Quilts.

The front yard walkway.

My sewing room window.

I spent yesterday and today sewing the Baby quilt. I'm happy to say that the novelty fabric has been in the stash for about 4 or 5 years~yes it was a Hobby Lobby Southlake, Texas purchase~and I have about 2/3 yard leftover! Another *dinosaur* fabric used~I paired it with some newer fabric from the stash.

Not a traditional baby quilt but I like it. I hope the new Mamma and Poppa will, too. :)

The pattern is 'Square Dance' from the book 'Living Large by Heather Mulder Peterson.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Linda C said...

You did a great job with stash busting last week with the butterfly top and now busting dinosaurs as well! Cute top. I still want to try that pattern as it would work well for any focus print---maybe on one of our Belles challenge quilts even.

Your quilt in thyme is cool too.

Stephanie D said...

The yard looks lovely! Tell him there's a gal in NC who could use his expertise!

I like the way the fabric you chose adds another dimension to the squares. I bet the Mama will, too!