Thursday, April 14, 2011

Kim's Paisley Path

ItalicI finished sewing back the binding this morning on Kim's Paisley Path.

pattern source: Bricks and Stepping Stones








I discovered just enough of this alien and spaceship print in green with bits of orange, blue, yellow and black. I don't think I would have purchased this for backing if I had gone to the quilt store but I was shopping the stash and this is *what* I had color wise and yardage. iiwii and done it is!

panto source: curly hearts

Yesterday I stopped and shopped. +8 yards

Not all is pictured as some of it will go into the next FAB Birthday Giftie! :)

2 comments:

Linda C said...

I think the backing is perfect, Pat. It adds as a touch of whimsy and surprise to the back. You are probably intending that a young person gets the quilt so there is some added fun when they turn it over. Hurray for the finish!

I had a set back with my giftie sewing---everything I got done on Wednesday has to be re-done. Yesterday I spent some time re-planning and re-drafting which left little time for actual sewing. SIGH Today I will have to work around the predicted storms. We'll see what happens.

Lori said...

paisley--I love paisley. Laughed at the alien fabric. Haven't I seen that before--once or twice??!! And Pat---it SNOWED this weekend. Is spring ever getting here??