Thursday, January 30, 2014

A Cell Phone Hockey Bag

For awhile, I thought I might have to collect cell phones from the hockey team DD plays on.  So, I made a cell phone hockey bag!

I followed the tutorial here, but made it a couple squares wider.  Wish I would have stuck with 3 blocks per side.  I recycled my old black denim jeans for the bottom and handles. The bag is a little flimsy for my liking.  I suppose I could correct that by either more quilting or using fusible...

For the upper zipper closure, I followed the tutorial here.  I was struggling with the zipper tabs, but found this tutorial here that helped me.  :)



by the way, I no longer need a bag for hockey cell phones ~ lol!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Very nice!

I prefer bags that can stand up by themselves with no flopping over.

Just curious - why did you almost have to collect phones? Too much texting, calling during the game or practice?

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

It is so cute though... I got to be the cell phone holder during the 5ks...