Monday, September 30, 2019

Design Wall Monday 9.30.2019

My nephew and his wife had their second baby about 2 weeks ago. I was a little surprised as I thought the baby was due closer to October but...I guess, babies arrive when they arrive!

So...I dug into my box of novelties, as is my tradition for newborns, and stated piecing this quilt. I love to use the Warm Wishes pattern. The rails are the same fabric on either side of a different fabric. Blue was my chosen color as the baby is a HE! I think I  did either pink or purple for his older sister.

Here are all the pieces ready to be sewn together.

pattern info: Warm Wishes

I made a few adjustments over the years:

1. I add (usually) more blocks to create a bigger quilt
2. I use all 2.5 inch strips for my rails...
     its just easier cutting for me. :)








Linking up with:

Judy at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

and

Beth at Monday Making

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable quilt! I’m sure your nephew and his wife will be thrilled.

Yvonne said...

This is so cute! It's going to be well loved!