Monday, February 17, 2020

Design Wall Monday 2.17.2020

Does it count if it was last Monday?!

Last Monday's Design Wall.

I started a quilt for DH's uncle. He did serve in Vietnam and was diagnosed with cancer in December. While I am creating a RWB quilt for him, it will not be 'a Quilt of Valor'. I just don't have the time or the ability to award it in person. I also didn't renew my QOV membership so I would need to locate someone to award. It just seems faster and more personal if I gift myself...

pattern: inspiration found on one of my FB groups. I'm not sure which one...I forgot to write it down. Duh!






I want to send a shout out to Alycia at Alycia Quilts as she shared a method to make the hourglass blocks in the Ohio Star that I finally 'get it'. I always struggled with that unit but now! easy peasy. I just need to work on my seam matching technique...lol. Thanks Alycia! (her technique can be found in her Military Mystery for the February 1, 2020 sew day)


Today's Design Wall.

We recently had the house painted Natural Linen and Kilim Beige. Guess what? I have the urge to make Brown and Beige quilts for the beds on the main floor, much to DH's dismay. What can I say? Change the color palette, change the quilt. He always wanted me to make 'calmer' quilts but my timing is really bad...

pattern info: single Irish Chain - public domain




While we were out and about shopping to update the house, I found this cute lamp. Unfortunately, it stayed at the store. It just was not fitting into 'neutralize the house to sell it mentality'. Oh well. I still liked it.

Linking up with:

Judy at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

2 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh Look!! I did something good!! H aha - I love that quilt!! and your Uncle will be please to have it - no matter how it gets to him! What a sweet thing to do!

Unknown said...

Your Affiliate Profit Machine is ready -

Plus, earning money online using it is as simple as 1-2-3!

It's super easy how it works...

STEP 1. Choose which affiliate products you want to push
STEP 2. Add PUSH BUTTON TRAFFIC (it LITERALLY takes 2 minutes)
STEP 3. Watch the system grow your list and sell your affiliate products all on it's own!

Are you ready to make money ONLINE??

You can test-drive the system for yourself risk free...