Saturday, July 11, 2009

Saturday Sewing

What would you do if you suddenly found yourself alone for the day?

Sew, of course!

I finished piecing the Patriotic Warm Wishes quilt. Thanks for the suggestion of the small white inner border. I like how it makes the pieced portion appear to *float*.










I quilted it using the Stars and Loops panto from LEQ.










Members of the HeartStrings group (blog and website) were meeting in Nebraska today for a sew-in. I read about it on Lori's blog. So I decided to sew together a few string blocks.

I had cut the foundations and center strips last September, but never did get around to sewing it together. This is how my pile started.



This is after.

No wonder so many people love to make these string blocks! I chained pieced 6 blocks at a time and was done this afternoon. I just made a rough cut to even the edges out. The precision cut to 9.5 inches will wait until I can focus a little better. :)


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Silverthimble said...

You made excellent use of your "home alone" time! I especially love how the Warm Wishes turned out. I am really taking another look at some charm squares now!

Lori in South Dakota said...

I like the way the white border makes your blocks stand uo. And the Nebraska group isn't sewing until Tuesday--so you still have time to come!!

Stephanie D said...

Warm Wishes is just beautiful!

And aren't string quilts fun? There are so many ways to assemble them.

Maureen said...

Hi Pat!

Love that white inner border. The quilt is beautiful. We've made it to Northern Michigan and will be in Wisconsin someday soon. I'm hoping I get to see you!

Maureen

Linda C said...

Congrats on getting your Warm Wishes top quilted! It looks terrific.

And look at you---a whole tops worth of blocks using the heartstrings approach! Good use of your home alone time.