Thursday, September 24, 2009

More Snail's Trail Blocks

I made more Snail's Trail blocks today. I need to trim the dog-ears then place them on the design flannel to *see* how big the quilt is.




After visiting the Gammill booth at the Wisconsin Quilt Expo, I knew that Valerie (my longarm) was suffering from a case of vibration. I weighted down a quilt with #2 soup cans and the vibration was still there. This meant that the machine itself was vibrating on its wheels. While I messed with adjusted the wheels, I practiced a few of the quilting fill techniques described by Dawn of the Pajama Quilter . I think I traced the problem to the right front wheel that sits on the table. My Allen wrench and a wrench should help with the problem. :)

ps practice names have been covered to protect the innocent! :)

ps2 thanks to Mama Spark's instructions for *how* to strike out words in text :)


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Linda C said...

Cute, LOL! "Practice names covered to protect the innocent" You crack me up, Pat and thanks for the morning giggle.

I hope you can get Valerie running in tip-top condition with the tweaking. Sounds like you got a lot of good suggestions at the show as to what you might try.

Greenmare said...

oh I can't wait to see those snails. that pattern intrigues me!

Mama Spark said...

You are most welcome!