Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Little Charity Sewing

Well, I dug into the closet and unearth just about 2 yards of the basket fabric. This is from the 3rd or 4th quilt I ever made! The selvage read *1995*. I actually believe I brought this fabric to make a jumper *back in the day* of basket making. wow! that's old, right?


I am very happy that it has made it out of the cupboard and into Cancer Recovery Totes for donating to the local Breast Cancer clinics. I only had enough for 3 totes so I used a little creativity to get the 4th tote. :) A cutting error for the top band became a *design opportunity* for the bottom band...shhhh...don't tell, okay?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your secret is safe with me!

Apat2

Greenmare said...

I love that one!! the accent just makes the tote! good job on all of them!

Linda C said...

Ah, a design opportunity sounds more politically correct. I will remember that one the next time I mess something up! Looking good, Pat!