Friday, August 1, 2014

Whoop! Whoop! 8.1.2014

Time to get your Whoop! Whoop! on! and it is already August!

School starts on 9.2.2014!

This morning while babysitting, er, actively doing laundry - I was able to sew back the binding on the latest quilt. A QOV that Nancy from Wyoming Breezes had sent the flag panel to me - many moons ago!

There is no formal pattern that I followed. I just staggered the red/blue crumb blocks and inserted the flag panel towards the top of the quilt. Imagine my surprise when I checked out the Moda Bakeshop and there is a tutorial for a Staggered Squares pillow that uses the same technique I used! I was thinking about adding a white border but the darker border just seemed to enclose/ stop the pattern. So - I went with the dark! plus - I was out of the matching white fabric! Well...I had about 6 inches left from a 2 yard cut.

Tami - here is a tutorial for the crumb blocks that I use to make my blocks. (also known as mile-a-minute blocks) I store my leftover fabric according to color in banker boxes and when the box lid doesn't close...I sew up some crumb blocks. I sew and sew until I can trim them to 6.5 inches comfortably.

I quilted it with the Halcyon panto. I like the curvy texture combined with all the lines of this quilt.









Today I am linking up with

Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict

and

Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts


5 comments:

Mari said...

Love it! It's very cheerful for a patriotic quilt. That border was the right choice. Looks great!

Nancy said...

An excellent finish! Take a deep bow beacause this is gorgeous!

laura west kong said...

Fabulous job! Love those crumb blocks.

Kris said...

Great finish! So cheery!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

LOVE LOVE LOVe!!! Now will you come sew with my crumbs ;-)