Friday, August 1, 2014

Whoop! Whoop! 8.1.2014

Time to get your Whoop! Whoop! on! and it is already August!

School starts on 9.2.2014!

This morning while babysitting, er, actively doing laundry - I was able to sew back the binding on the latest quilt. A QOV that Nancy from Wyoming Breezes had sent the flag panel to me - many moons ago!

There is no formal pattern that I followed. I just staggered the red/blue crumb blocks and inserted the flag panel towards the top of the quilt. Imagine my surprise when I checked out the Moda Bakeshop and there is a tutorial for a Staggered Squares pillow that uses the same technique I used! I was thinking about adding a white border but the darker border just seemed to enclose/ stop the pattern. So - I went with the dark! plus - I was out of the matching white fabric! Well...I had about 6 inches left from a 2 yard cut.

Tami - here is a tutorial for the crumb blocks that I use to make my blocks. (also known as mile-a-minute blocks) I store my leftover fabric according to color in banker boxes and when the box lid doesn't close...I sew up some crumb blocks. I sew and sew until I can trim them to 6.5 inches comfortably.

I quilted it with the Halcyon panto. I like the curvy texture combined with all the lines of this quilt.









Today I am linking up with

Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict

and

Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts


5 comments:

Mari said...

Love it! It's very cheerful for a patriotic quilt. That border was the right choice. Looks great!

Nancy said...

An excellent finish! Take a deep bow beacause this is gorgeous!

laura west kong said...

Fabulous job! Love those crumb blocks.

Kris said...

Great finish! So cheery!

Alycia said...

LOVE LOVE LOVe!!! Now will you come sew with my crumbs ;-)